Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Latest Ramblings.

Looserhead.
I suck. Yep. I certainly do. There was a very special birthday on the 16th and I totally didn’t send a card or anything. I didn’t even create a post because I was having drama of my own. It is official, I am a Looserhead. Now I can say that I didn’t forget the day the person was born like Peanut did, but I still didn’t send anything. I did at least call to wish a happy birthday and sing. May be that was something. Ok, I know I can do better so in the spirit of all things windy this one is just for you… and you know who you are!



Raising the Bar.
Wow. On August 16, it was also my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. That is amazing! I am pretty sure that my other grands have reached their 60th as well. They have got to quit raising the bar otherwise E and I may never catch up. Of course they think it is no big deal, but I think it is pretty special. Being married for 60 years is something that we can all aspire to and one day hope to attain. I am convinced each set of grands are soul mates and best friends. I think that is why I never settled until I found my soul mate. They have shown how awesome it is to have a relationship that could stand the test of time. If I had a glass of bubbly, I would definitely raise a toast to them.


Don’t Fear The Reaper.
Just a word on aging. I can’t help but thinking that meeting the end of our lives with open arms, open hearts, and eyes wide shut is a total mistake. If I have learned anything about aging, I have at least gleaned that bit of wisdom. I know getting old sucks with each passing day as I observe others and myself. I just hope that I will not be stubborn, selfish, or hateful when my turn comes. If I live as half as long as everyone else I want to accept aging as gracefully as possible with as much dignity as I can muster. I can’t imagine what goes through the minds of individuals who are facing the twilight of their lives. They become something akin to prisoners -- prisoners of time and memories, these unwilling or willing passengers on the gamut of emotions that become roller-coasters of fear, fearlessness, anger, jubilation, regret, fulfillment, war, peace, hope, hopelessness, anxious, calm.

A day in shades of rain
Grey washes over our pain
Colorless become the years
Washing over all but our fears
Let it sink in where it grows
Time can only tell what only it knows
When we sit with the setting sun
Thinking of all we have and not done
Remembering what time has forgot
Think of all the silly things we bought
Instead think of how we treated each other
Caring, laughing, sharing life with another
The deep unknown beckoning
Time flows faster towards reckoning
Find peace where you may
The final journey on golden rays

30 August 2006
-Hez


Hurricane Dumbness.
Yes, let it wash over you as you enter the South. Make sure you properly freak out and buy out all of the canned goods, paper products, water, candles and batteries your arms can carry. Of course the local
news will keep you informed. If you are not web savvy, then just watch the television. If you want a good belly laugh then watch channel 5. They are artists – truly. I am not sure if it will even be a hurricane by the time it reaches us, but I do know that this station will definitely spread the hysteria and ham it up. I fully expect them to grow more disheveled during each five minute interval when they break in on another show to repeatedly drone on with the “latest” storm facts and probabilities. I figure they will all look like they have never slept and shaved within in two hours after the five o’clock news airs. Now, I am not saying it doesn’t hurt to be prepared. It is just sad that this station seems to just prey upon the ignorant, the elderly, and OCD people. I have even heard rumors that water has all ready sold out. *sigh* Whatever. I am just going to batten down the hatches for now. We’ll see about evacuating later when there are more facts. If we do want more facts, we will definitely go the source…NOAA. I mean, hello! This is where the weather people go to get their info! Why would I even consider going anywhere else?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home